Planning Policy Guidance
Hotel Solutions has an expertise on planning policy issues, guidance and best practice in relation to hotel and visitor accommodation development and retention .
We take care to weave this good practice into our study recommendations. We have also prepared a number of guidance documents for local authorities focusing on the planning policy implications of hotel and visitor accommodation development and retention. These have included:
- Local Authority Guidance on Attracting Hotel Investment in the South East (Tourism South East 2009)
- ‘Staying Power’ – Guidance for Local Authorities on Attracting Hotel Investment in the East of England (East of England Tourism 2008)
- ‘Here to Stay’ – Tourist Accommodation Retention and Loss – Guidance for Local Authorities on the Development of Planning Policy (Tourism South East 2006)
- Assessing Change of Use Applications for Small Country Hotels (Tourism South East 2007)
- ‘Room at the Inn’ – Local Authority Planning Advisory Guidance for the Development of Bedroom Accommodation at Pubs (Tourism South East 2004)
Please contact us if you would like to obtain a copy of any of these reports.